Are you passionate about preserving and conserving our cultural heritage? Join our comprehensive 6 week course in Chandigarh and develop the skills and knowledge necessary to safeguard and maintain valuable heritage and heirloom objects.
- Gain a deep understanding of the principles, techniques, and ethics involved in heritage and heirloom conservation.
- Explore the scientific aspects of material analysis, preventive conservation measures, and object analysis.
- Learn about conservation ethics, decision making, and the delicate balance between preservation and restoration.
- Develop practical skills in conservation techniques, treatments, and object documentation.
- Understand the challenges and innovations in digital preservation and documentation.
- Engage in hands-on exercises, case studies, and field visits to heritage sites and museums.
- Interact with expert instructors and professionals in the field of heritage conservation.
- Conclude the course with an individual or group conservation project and receive a certification of completion.
- Duration: 5- 6 weeks
- Location: Chandigarh, India
- Fee: INR 15,000
Why Choose Our Course?
- Experienced Faculty: Learn from renowned experts in the field of heritage conservation who will guide you through the course.
- Hands-on Experience: Engage in practical exercises and gain valuable experience through field visits and conservation projects.
- Scientific Focus: Understand the scientific aspects of conservation, including material analysis, chemistry, and advanced imaging techniques.
- Ethical Considerations: Learn about the ethical responsibilities involved in heritage conservation and contribute to the preservation of cultural treasures.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with fellow participants who share your passion for cultural preservation and create lasting professional relationships.
- Location: Experience the rich heritage of Chandigarh and benefit from its proximity to renowned museums and heritage sites.
This is a 5–6-week course (5 week for online participants as the 6th week is for the technical site visit)
Starting on 1 September 2023
Ending by First week of October 2023
Course Curriculum and Schedule
Week 1: Introduction to Tangible Heritage Conservation
Session 1: Understanding Tangible Cultural Heritage – Definition and significance of tangible cultural heritage. – The role of tangible heritage in historical contexts and community identity.
Session 2: Conservation Ethics and Principles – Introduction to conservation ethics and decision-making frameworks. – Assessing the impact of interventions on heritage authenticity and integrity.
Week 2: Scientific Techniques for Assessment
Session 3: Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE) Methods – Overview of non-destructive evaluation techniques (e.g., Ground-Penetrating Radar, Terrestrial Laser Scanning). – Application of NDE methods for structural analysis and condition assessment.
Session 4: Material Analysis and Identification – Laboratory techniques for analyzing heritage materials (e.g., spectroscopy, microscopy). – Understanding material degradation and its implications for conservation.
Week 3: Conservation and Restoration Planning
Session 5: Heritage Recording and Documentation – Importance of comprehensive documentation for conservation projects. – Integrating digital technologies in heritage documentation (e.g., Building Information Modeling).
Session 6: Developing Conservation and Restoration Plans – Strategies for setting conservation objectives and priorities. – Planning conservation works in alignment with heritage significance.
Week 4: Conservation Treatments and Techniques
Session 7: Conservation of Heritage Buildings – Approaches to building conservation (e.g., façade restoration, structural stabilization). – Sustainable conservation materials and techniques.
Session 8: Conservation of Artifacts and Objects – Specialized techniques for preserving historical artifacts and artworks. – Cleaning, stabilization, and preventive conservation measures.
Week 5, 6: Case Studies and Future Trends
Session 9: Case Studies in Tangible Heritage Conservation – Analysis of successful tangible heritage conservation projects. – Learning from challenges and best practices.
Session 10: Future Trends in Heritage Conservation – Exploring emerging technologies and methodologies in heritage preservation. – Discussing the role of sustainable practices in the future of conservation.
Course Requirements: – Participants must have a background in architecture, archaeology, conservation, or related fields. – Access to a computer/laptop, stable internet connection, and a webcam for interactive sessions.
– In-depth knowledge of scientific assessment and treatment in tangible heritage conservation.
– Practical skills to plan and execute conservation projects effectively.
– Interaction with experts and peers in the heritage conservation field.
– Insights into the future of heritage conservation and emerging trends.
Participants who complete all assignments and actively participate in the sessions will receive a certificate of completion for the ” Heritage Conservation Foundation” course.
Course Fee: Rs. 15,000/- INR
(Early bird discounts of 20% available for students and emerging professionals)
Mode of payment: We accept online transfer of the payment. You can also pay through UPI or Gpay (Google pay) at 9876252525. The bank account details for Heritage Preservation Atelier Pvt. Ltd. are:
BANK: HDFC Bank
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 00352000019133
Confirmation of Payment: Once your payment is received and verified, you will be issued a receipt as confirmation of payment. This receipt will serve as proof of your enrolment in the course. Please note that the course fee must be submitted in full before 15th of August 2023 to ensure your participation.
For any query related to payment and registration, please email at
or call at 9876252525.