Conservation of the National Heritage of our country is a very comprehensive study area and can be better dealt with if we take it up at state levels and then pick up the common as well as the unique areas for different states.
What to preserve/conserve?
- Structures : Monuments, Memorials and certain landscapes
- Museums: various types of collections in each museum
- Archives: Archival collections
Basic Requirements (we lack in all the points mentioned below!)
- A committee or board controlling all the activities and actions for Conservation
- Conservation policy/State Heritage Conservation Policy
- Capacity-building: Trained personnel for conservation, collection management and documentation
- Conservation laboratories
- Equipment and tools etc.
- Regular training, workshops and seminars etc.
- Documentation and inventories